Tuesday, May 4, 2010

SriLankan Airlines UL A330 economy cabin




Flight Information:
From HKG to CMB via BKK
UL423
I flew UL twice and it was one of the many nice surprises I had in recent years. I wouldn't call UL a "small airline". Their wings stretch as far as to London, Paris, Rome, Dubai, Beijing and Tokyo. Relative to the average income and political stability in the country, SriLankan Airlines is doing a great job even after the break-away from Emirates
Date: 9-7-2009
Flight No. :UL423
Aircraft Type: A330-200
Departure Gate: 22
Loading:
CMB> BKK: 100%
BKK> HKG: 60%
Over 75% passengers in the flight from CMB to BKK got off at BKK. Only a minority continued their journey to HKG.
The loading of the flight from BKK to HKG was recorded as low as 60%.

Comfortability: Fair
Good ventilation (at least better than KA!!!). Unstable room temperature.
The dining table was set at a position that I needed to bend uncomfortably in order to eat my meals.

In-flight entertainment: Above average
Responses of the PTV system were a bit slow and odd ( at one time I could use my control to change the channels of PTV of my neighbor. I didn’t know why!). However, a wide variety of TV programmes, music channels and games was provided for me to choose from! The inflight magazine was worth reading, too.

Meals: Good
Dishes of different styles (Sri Lankan, Thai and Western ones) were provided. The tastes of the food were not bad overall.

No comments:

Post a Comment